Bengaluru FC breeze past FC Mangalore in 0-4 win at the BFS 

Satendra Scores Brace As Jan Van Loon’s Side Post Consecutive Wins To Start Campaign

Bengaluru: Bengaluru FC rode on a brace from Satendra Singh and strikes from Shreyas Ketkar (45+2’) and Lalhmingchhuanga (65’) to post a comprehensive 0-4 win against FC Mangalore in their second Southern Regional qualifiers game of the Reliance Foundation Development League, at the Bangalore Football Stadium, in Bengaluru, on Saturday. The Blues followed up their opening day win against Kickstart FC with yet another impressive performance to notch consecutive victories to begin their campaign.

Earlier, Blue Colts’ Head Coach Jan van Loon made one change to his side from the previous game, replacing goalkeeper Dipesh Chauhan with Sharon Padattil. Meanwhile, Santosh Trophy winners Robin Yadav and Fanai Lalremtluanga, who returned to the Blues’ squad, started on the bench. 

Bengaluru began well and created the early momentum with good passing and interplay. Thoi Singh, in particular, caused problems with his pace and dribbling and made his presence felt within the third minute, when he cut into the box from the left and curled in a shot that flew just over the crossbar. 

The Blue Colts made their good start count in the 9th minute, when Thoi once again beat his marker on the left, and sent an inch-perfect cross into the box which was nodded home by Satendra Singh to put van Loon’s side in the lead. 

Bengaluru dominated possession and doubled their lead just before half-time when Ketkar played a quick give-and-go with Satendra Singh before making a darting run into the box. His run was met by a well-timed lob pass from Satendra which Ketkar volleyed into the net to put the Blues in a commanding position going into the half-time break.

Van Loon’s side started the second period in the same vein as the first, showing good energy and passing as well as defensive solidity to deny Mangalore any openings. They made their dominance count once again when Satendra scored his second and the Blues’ third of the game in the 53rd minute. Thoi’s pass, which was intended for Harmanpreet Singh in the box, was miscontrolled by the latter, leading to the ball eventually slipping through and finding Satendra instead. The forward unleashed a powerful first-time shot which burst through Mangalore ’keeper Niyas’ fingertips and nestled in the bottom right-hand corner. 

Having taken a sizable lead, van Loon shifted the pack to bring on Harsh Patre and Lalhmingchhuanga in place of Harmanpreet and Damaitphang Lyngdoh in the 57th minute. 

Shortly after coming on, Lalhmingchhuanga added a fourth goal to the scoreline in the 65th minute, when he showed his pace to get in behind the Mangalore defence before scoring from a tight angle, beating Niyas at his near post to wrap up a clinical performance from the Blue Colts. 

Bengaluru FC will now look to continue their winning run when they next face FC Bengaluru United at the Bangalore Football Stadium, in Bengaluru, on Wednesday.

Malcare WordPress Security