Unlucky Blue Colts held by Kickstart FC

Biswa Strikes Late In A Tough Game As Teams Share Spoils In A 1-1 Draw

Bengaluru: Bengaluru FC were held to a 1-1 draw by Kickstart FC after a tense Round-4 BDFA Super Division League encounter at the Bengaluru Football Stadium, on Saturday. Biswa Darjee (83’) scored the all-important goal for the Blue Colts after a Sairuat Kima (12’) own goal gave Kickstart FC a surprise lead.

The point earned meant Naushad Moosa’s boys took their tally to seven points after four games, as they stay seventh in the standings, while Kickstart moved to the top of the table with 13 points.

After a slow start to the game, it was Kickstart FC who went 1-0 up in the 12th minute following a defensive mix up. Winger Manoj Kannan swung in a cross from the left flank into the box. With an attacker approaching the box, both ’keeper Aditya Patra and defender Kima went for the clearance and the miscommunication between the duo saw the ball bounce off each other into the empty net.

Bengaluru almost pulled a goal back in the final minute of the first half, when a quick counter attack from the middle saw substitute Bekey Oram send Leon Augustine through into the box. With rival custodian Deepak Saravanan failing to clear his line, the ball fell for Advait Shinde outside the box, who went for a clever chip over the defenders who rushed in to cover the empty goal. The attacker was unlucky as the effort went just inches over the horizontal.

The second half was a different story, as the Blue Colts began pushing high up. After a midfield battle, it was Bengaluru FC who created back-to-back chances midway through the half. First it was Biswa whose header from defender Muhammed Rafi’s long throw in from the right was saved by Deepak Saravanan in the rival goal in the 68th minute, before the custodian once again came to Kickstart’s rescue tipping over Kima’s powerful shot from the edge of the box four minutes later.

Bengaluru FC’s persistence finally paid off when they pulled level in the 83rd minute, this time Biswa making no mistake in heading home a long throw-in from Rafi from the right at the first post.

The Blue Colts almost scored the winner in the 88th minute when Leon, who was sent through by Bekey, had a low attempt on goal from distance. Deepak somehow managed to parry it away onto the upright to keep the score unchanged as the game ended 1-1.

Bengaluru FC now take on South United FC on Monday, December 2nd.

Malcare WordPress Security