Head Start Win The U10 Category As Third Edition Comes To A Successful End
Bengaluru: Delhi Public School East put on an impressive performance in the final, emerging victorious in both the U-12 and U-14 categories in the third edition of the BOOST BFC Inter School Soccer Shield, the finals of which were held at the Bangalore Football Stadium, on Thursday.
Head Start Educational Academy bagged the U10 title and Murphy Town (Community) and Teach for India (NGO) won their respective categories.
In the big final of the day, Amogh Gacchi’s brace and Aditya Mohan’s goal were enough for DPS East who asserted their dominance over Inventure Academy in the U14 category to claim their second title.
Earlier, DPS East cruised past The International School Bangalore (TISB) 6-1 in the U12 final to clinch the title. Chandan Biju was the star of the show, pumping in four goals as Gautham Rajesh and Harshit Sachdeva too contributed to the scoresheet. Meanwhile, Head Start Educational Academy rode on Vedant Shah’s lone strike to record a 1-0 win in a thrilling clash against Inventure Academy in the U10 category.
Murphy Town prevailed over Gowthampura 2-1 in a penalty shoot-out to win the first edition of the Inter-Community event after a goalless draw in regulation time. In the Inter-NGO final, it was Teach for India who triumphed 4-1 over Dream A Dream in the final after braces from Anil Bikey and Shashank C.
The presentation ceremony was presided by N. A. Haris (MLA, Shantinagar Constituency and President, Karnataka State Football Association), A. D. Nagendra (Treasurer, Karnataka State Football Association), M. P. Swamy (Chairman, Bangalore District Football Association) and Bengaluru FC players Harmanjot Khabra and Myron Mendes.
- U10: Mallya Aditi International School
- U12: Delhi Public School North
- U14: St. Xavier’s, Belgaum
- Best Coach: Ranjith Kumar (Oakridge International School)
- Best Goalkeeper: Sujay Sai Raju (Head Start Educational Academy)
- Best Player: Aarav Gharat (Head Start Educational Academy)
- Top Scorer: Kanish Sarkar (Delhi Public School East, 9 goals)
- Best Coach: Tarun Biswas (The International School Bangalore)
- Best Goalkeeper: Aadritya Singh (Delhi Public School East)
- Best Player: Avneesh Kamath (Greenwood High)
- Top Scorer: Gautam Rajesh (Delhi Public School East, 13 goals)
- Best Coach: Yesu Raju (Delhi Public School East)
- Best Goalkeeper: Ahan P (Delhi Public School East)
- Best Player: Shreyas K (Delhi Public School East)
- Top Scorer: Arnav Rakhith (Inventure Academy, 8 goals) and Suman S Dev (Greenwood High, 8 goals)
- Best Coach: Giri K. (Murphy Town)
- Best Player: R. Sachin (Murphy Town)
- Best Goalkeeper: Nitish B. (Gowthampura)
U14: DPS East: 3 (Amogh Gacchi x2, Aditya Mohan) b Inventure Academy: 0
U12: DPS East: 6 (Chandan Biju x4, Gautham Rajesh, Harshit Sachdeva) b TISB: 1 (Aayush Gautham)
U10: Head Start Educational Academy: 1 (Vedant Shah) b Inventure Academy: 0
Community: Murphy Town: 0 b Gowthampura: 0 (1-2 on penalties)
NGO: Teach for India: 4 (Anil Bahadur Bikey x2, Shashank C. x2) b Dream A Dream: 1 (Niranjan M)